We are using AccuRxGP as our main SMS provider, please do not treat as spam as you could miss important message from us. The example below:
We use SMS text messaging to communicate with our patients for the following reasons:
- to confirm an appointment at the time of booking;
- to remind you about an appointment (48 hours and 24 hours before your appointment);
- to let you know what needs to happen when a clinician has looked at your test results;
- to let you know when there is information about a referral to collect; and
- to remind you when check-ups or immunisations are due.
In order to be able to send all these types of messages we need to use three SMS providers which means you may receive text messages from different numbers.
For example the text reminder sent 48 hours before the appointment does not allow you to reply to cancel the appointment, so we use another provider to send a text 24 hours before so you can reply cancel if necessary. We have reviewed this set up and we believe that using the two system providers is the best option, that allows us to communicate with you effectively. We acknowledge this may be confusing. We would recommend saving both numbers in your contacts to avoid the confusion.
You can choose to opt-out from receiving text messages, however this means you are not able to receive any communication from us via text. This may create issues for you. For example if you have blood tests, you will need to take responsibility to contact us for the result.