Overseas Covid Vaccines Validation Service



The NHS is encouraging people registered with a GP practice in England to check that their vaccination records are up to date. If a member of the public had their vaccinations in England but there is an error on their record, or they have an incomplete record, they should call 119 and ask to be referred to the Vaccination Data Resolution Service (VDRS).

People over 16 years who have had one or more COVID-19 vaccinations abroad that are approved for use in the UK, can book an appointment  at a vaccination site to show evidence of their vaccinations and request an update to their vaccination record. This is called the Overseas Vaccine Validation Record Service (OVVRS).

A process for under 16-year-olds will be available from mid-March 2022.

There are currently three sites in South east London offering this service: University Hospital Lewisham, Bromley Civic Centre, and King’s College Hospital.

Anyone intending to use their NHS COVID Pass to travel should check their pass status before booking and call 119 if their record isn’t showing correctly. Queries relating to incorrect personal information on a patient record will still need to be resolved by their GP practice.